24 Août – INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SCENARIOS AND MODELS OF BIODIVERSITY AND ECOSYSTEM SERVICES IN SUPPORT OF DECISION MAKING 24-26 August, Montpellier France
08 h Montpellier, France
The conference is organised by the "Biodiversity and Ecosystem Scenarios Network (ScenNet)", funded by the Belmont Forum, and supported by the FRB and bioDISCOVERY, a core project of Future Earth.
The conference covers scenarios and modelling applications in marine, freshwater and terrestrial systems, across all relevant disciplines of natural and social sciences. The conference is open to scientists and experts working in the field, policy makers and practioners, and focuses on:
- Exploring recent advances in modelling human impacts on biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Addressing the use of scenarios and models for decision support
- Mobilising observations of biodiversity and ecosystem services for model development and testing
- Capacity building for developing scenarios and models and for their use in decision making
- Horizon scanning and addressing gaps in knowledge.
More Info: conference website